Find out what type of CorridorAccess you need
For all invasive works on the Corridor
If you are:
- Digging, drilling, or resurfacing
- Doing any activity that will alter, or cause to be altered, the surface of the road corridor.
- Placing any pipe, duct, pole, cabinet or other structure below, on or above the road corridor.
- Building a new driveway or installing a new storm water drain that leads into the road corridor.
- Performing maintenance work on any essential infrastructure
- Building a new fence and your work site or equipment encroaches onto the road corridor.
- Digging / replacing manhole access covers.
If you are sure you are excavatingRegister Here
Simplify the process of requesting permits
If you are:
- Holding an event, protest or parade that affects vehicle or pedestrian traffic
- Temporary installing construction loading zones
- Installing a new driveway
- Placing a skip/bin or container in the road reserve
- Holding an event
- Putting up temporary scaffolding (mobile or fixed)
- Using or parking machinery such as cranes, cherry pickers and water blasters
- Applying for a full or partial road or footpath closure to carry out work on or above the road
If you are sure you are not excavatingRegister Here
WHAT IS CORRIDORACCESS?
C orridorAccess allows you to lodge your Corridor Access Request (CAR) for all activities in the Road Corridor.
This includes Retrospective CARs, Events, Provisional and any other activities that require a CAR to be submitted by the relevant Road Authority. CorridorAccess works in conjunction with beforeUdig to provide a total service for those working in and around the road corridor.
CORRIDORACCESS SERVICE AIMS
To assist Contractors to comply with the requirement for any person intending to work in a Road Corridor to apply for, and receive, a permit from Road Authorities prior to closing off road or footpath areas.
- Simplify the process of requesting plans for a dig site
- Reduce the number of personal injuries
- Prevent injuries to workers
- Protect underground assets from interruption and preventable damage
- Provide a single point of request for information on where underground assets are located
WHO SHOULD USE CORRIDORACCESS?
Whether you are a home owner wanting to replace a fence, a contractor installing a new cable along a street or working for a council in re-sheeting the road, beforeUdig is the best and safest place to start your project.
- Building or designing a new optic fibre network?
- Road restoration works?
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance of an existing underground asset?
- Building a new fence?
- Planning a new estate?