Contact Us

Local Authorities (Councils) and Road Authorities require any person intending to dig in the road corridor to apply for and have approved prior to the commencement of works, a Road Opening Consent.

Address: 1A Wagener Pl, Mt Albert, Auckland 1025, New Zealand Phone: 0800 248 344 Email: Click Here

0800 248 344
Contact us

Login   Register       

  • road forest
  • sheep



  • What is the CorridorAccess service?

    CorridorAccess allows you to lodge your Corridor Access Request (CAR) for all non-excavation activities in the Road Corridor. This includes Retrospective CARs, Events, Provisional and any other activities that require a CAR application to be submitted to the relevant Road Authority. CorridorAccess works in conjunction with beforeUdig to provide a total service for those working in and around the road corridor.
  • Who should use the CorridorAccess service?

    Anyone wanting to close any part of a road, including the footpath and berm, for a non-excavation (non-digging) purpose should first lodge an application to gain the relevant approvals from the relevant Road Authority. If there is to be any excavation as part of the road closure, an application must be made via the beforeUdig site to ensure that asset and utility owners are notified of the plans and can supply asset location details. Some users include Event Organisers, Landscapers, Builders, Contractors, Farmers, Home Owners, and Cable and Pipe Location companies.
  • How does CorridorAccess work?

    Enquiries can be lodged online anytime at or by calling 0800 248 344 during business hours. Upon completion of your enquiry lodgement you will receive a Confirmation Sheet advice from CorridorAccess which provides details of any Road Authority who is signed up for this service that is impacted by your proposal. The Confirmation sheet enables you to ensure the recorded site is correct. The Road Authority will then send you documents and information required to be completed by the applicant prior to CAR approval.
    It is important to note that not all Road Authorities are registered with the CorridorAccess service so it is important that you identify and contact any Road Authorities not listed.
  • Why should I use the service?

    Road access is vital for our everyday lives, poorly managed or unapproved road closures can cause widespread disruption and in some cases isolate entire communities from essential basic services. There is also the risk of personal injury and incurring significant financial penalties for closing a road without permission.
  • How much does it cost to obtain a CAR?

    Whilst it is free to use the CorridorAccess service to request a CAR, some Road Authorities may charge for the CAR. Please check with the relevant Road Authority listed on your confirmation sheet if you require more information on these possible charges.
  • Are all Road Authorities covered by the CorridorAccess service?

    Not yet. Presently, most Road Authorities in New Zealand are part of the beforeUdig service, but not all. However, the service is actively recruiting new members all the time and the aim is to have all Road Authorities on board in the near future.

  • Can I edit my account details?

    Yes, click the “Account” link after logging into CorridorAccess. Once you have made your changes be sure to click the "Update" button.
  • Can I set default settings for each enquiry?

    Yes, setting defaults for your enquiry will speed up your enquiry process. Click the “Settings” button after logging into CorridorAccess. You can then select the different settings that you would like to set as your defaults, click the "Submit" button once you have made your changes.

  • What if I cannot find the location I am looking for?

    Have you tried the other search options available at “Search Type”? You can try searching towns/suburbs/postcodes by themselves with the Street option, or a nearby Intersection or XY co-ordinates, and then use the navigation tools to position the map precisely on the location you require.
  • Which drawing tool should I use?

    When you perform a search the map will be automatically positioned with a cursor at the centre of your map. You will then need to use drawing tools to designate your site on the map. There are three drawing tools available:

    Line - The Line tool allows you to draw a line to represent your activity.

    Area(Polygon) - This tool is used to draw the outline of an area.

    Circle – At the centre of your site click and drag outwards, this will result in a circle being drawn to cover your site.

    Important: when using the Line and Polygon tools, left click once each time you need to create a corner/change direction; when you’ve finished the drawing, left double click to complete it.

  • Is there a limit to the size of an enquiry which I can submit?

    Yes, the size of an enquiry is limited for each specific drawing tool as follows:

    Line – 5km

    Area –1kmsq

    Circle – 25m to 1km (Diameter)

  • I have submitted an application, what should I do now?

    Details of your application and your contact information will be passed onto all Road Authorities who are signed up to the CorridorAccess service. You will be advised via email and the CorridorAccess site when your request has been received by the Road Authority. You will then receive pre-requisite documents for your review and response.

    Important: you must not close any part of the road until you have had your Corridor Access Request approved.

  • Can I change or cancel an existing enquiry?

    Once you submit your enquiry the information is automatically processed and passed onto our Road Authority Members. If you wish to cancel or amend your enquiry you need to call 0800 248 344 and request the desired action.

  • How will Road Authorities respond to my request?

    You will be advised via email and the CorridorAccess site when your request has been received by the Road Authority. You will then receive pre-requisite documents for your review and response.

  • What is the Enquiry Confirmation used for?

    The Enquiry Confirmation is your record of the Road Authorities who have had their Zones of Interest searched against your application details. A Request has been sent to each Road Authority with your contact details. When you receive correspondence back from the Road Authority you should tick them off the list.

    It is very important that you make sure you receive information from all Road Authorities on the list provided before commencing any works.

  • A Road Controlling Authority has not responded, what can I do?

    You should contact any Road Controlling Authority listed on your Caller Confirmation advice who have failed to respond to your application within two clear business working days of lodging your enquiry. Use the contact phone number provided against each asset owner and quote the relevant job number.
  • How long is the CAR valid for?

    The CAR provided to you by Road Controlling Authority will normally explain how long that approval is valid for. As validation periods will vary depending on the request made and the details provided.
  • How long do I have to wait to receive my CAR?

    In most cases Road Controlling Autorities will use their best endeavours to contact you as quickly as possible. Under no circumstances should you commence a road closure until you have written permission from the Road Controlling Authority/ies listed on your Caller Confirmation advice.
  • How can I get help using the online enquiry system?

    Online Help is available throughout the service. Simply click on the orange question marks in each section. If you still require assistance please email or call us about your query - Contact Us

  • Can I resubmit old enquiries?

    Yes, find the enquiry via the “History” button; this will then present to you an option to “Resubmit your enquiry”. Click the button and follow the prompts.
  • Can I view a history of all my enquiries?

    To view a list of previous applications, log on to the online enquiry service and from the “Home” screen click on the “View Permits” button. This will allow you to search for specific applications.

  • How do I register to use CorridorAccess?

    Click the “New User? Register Now!” link at the top of this page. Once you have submitted your contact details you will receive an email with further instructions on how to access the service.
  • How do I validate my email address?

    Once you have registered you will automatically be sent an email from the service with instructions on how to validate your email address, the email contains a link that will confirm to the service that you have received the email. Once you validate your email address you can access the service immediately.
  • Can I use the service if I do not validate my email address?

    You cannot use the service if you do not validate your email address. CorridorAccess needs to confirm that you have a valid email address so we may send you your Enquiry Confirmations via email. Asset Owners are provided with your email address so they can respond to your enquiry directly.
  • How do I login to CorridorAccess?

    Within the login area at the Non-Excavation page you can enter your username and password to gain access to the service.
  • I have forgotten my password, how can I retrieve it?

    Passwords can be reset using the Forgotten Password link at the Non-Excavation page. Simply type in your Username and Email address then click on “Send”. Your password will be reset and the details will be emailed to you.
  • Can I change my password?

    Yes, Login to the application, Click the "Account" button and you will be presented with your details. Ensure you click the "Update" button once you have made your changes.

  • What Browsers do you support?

    • Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8 and above
    • Firefox version 10 and above
    • Apple Safari version 5 and above
    • Google Chrome version 15 and above
  • Do I have to use an email service?

    Yes. A valid email address is required to logon to the CorridorAccess services.
  • Do I need to be connected to the Internet?

    Yes. The device you are using (Mobile, Tablet or Desktop) will need to be connected to the Internet via a Broadband or mobile 4G service.
  • Do I need a particular screen resolution?

    Yes. The CorridorAccess services are best viewed on a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768.
  • What is Java and do I need it?

    Yes you require Java.
    Java is a programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. There are lots of applications and websites that will not work unless you have Java installed, and more are created every day. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet.

    Java is available from

  • road forest
  • sheep